Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Weekend at Mountain Lake


For the last 2 years we have gone to a Dirty Dancing weekend at the Mountain Lake Hotel in southwestern Virginia. The first year we went just by ourselves. Last year we went with a group of friends. We've told a lot of people about the fun time we had and there has been a lot of interest. We hope to go again this year over the summer. The schedule this year has weekends in July and August that look good. We need a good group so we can win the Dirty Dancing Trivia Contest three years running.

2 comments:

Bilbo said...

Well, since Agnes and I will be going to Germany in July and August, I guess we'll have to look at this next year...sigh.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I love to go out dancing socially, not just at the studios but I can't find anyone else (without a partner) who wants to do this. Since there weren't as many studios in Richmond, Mariana and ther daughter Gwen would scope out the social scene to find events we could go to, and we'd get a group together and get a table.

The Dirty Dancing thing doesn't appeal to me--I'd rather go on a singles dance cruise--STI had one but I'm booked for Spain this year.