Monday, April 06, 2009

Oops

I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum.

I need to write this 50 times because of an incident that happened on Saturday. We attended the last formal dance of the season with the Regal Dinner and Dance Club. I was in my tux and Doris in a pretty pink and white gown. Things were going pretty well until I tried to lead the Fall Away and Rocks in the Waltz. We did the fall away alright, but my feet tangled with hers when we went into the rocks. All of the sudden she was on the floor looking up at me. I remember vividly the expression on her face, but don't have the words to describe it.

I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum. I will not drop my partner on her bum.

2 comments:

Bilbo said...

Yes, that can be a pretty unfortunate thing to have happen. Most partners frown on being dropped...I know one that would probably have jumped right up and hit me. I didn't bother to count the "I will not's" ... I'll trust that there are 50.

Leslie David said...

I guess that's one step you won't be trying with me. Last week I explained to a newbie dancer who was emphatic about finding a parter who was HWP so he could do the Lindy Hop that he had no business trying to do what Tom and Debra do, since most partners wouldn't let him off as easily as Doris let you off.