Saturday, November 17, 2007

Traffic Trouble

We went to the O Club on Wednesday night, which is our usual thing. We have a standing date and have become regulars there. They have a great buffet meal and a good sized dance floor. The band last Wednesday was "Airplay", a four piece ensemble who did a pretty good job.

We always try to arrive before the door opens at 6:00 PM. There is normally a line of the other regulars and we get a chance to visit for a couple minutes. We wait for our meal until the band's first break. Most everyone else is hitting the buffet line while we hit the floor, so there is more room to dance. After the break we get to sit down to enjoy our meals; unless a really good song comes up. Eating comes second to dancing.

On the way off Ft Belvior, about 9:00 PM (2100 Hours for us military types), we encountered a traffic signal that was malfunctioning. We sat at the red light for several minutes before I decided it would never change. I checked both ways and proceeded through the intersection. The MP in the car behind me thought that I hadn't waited long enough. I got off with a warning and I will pass it on to you; "Never run a red light on a military installation." I wanted to ask him how long I should have waited. However, I make it my policy never to be argumentative with anyone more heavily armed than I.

1 comment:

Bilbo said...

As personal policies go, that's a very good one!