Sunday, July 23, 2006

Pay Attention

My regular dance partner and I were talking about the Tennessee Waltz. It is a great waltz that you here around especially in venues that play country waltzes. It also serves as a cautionary tale that shows why gentlemen should stick to those lessons. This gentleman should have practiced more and paid attention to his dance lessons. Obviously, he lost his sweetheart to a better dancer. My dance partner sees nothing wrong in throwing me over for another gentleman who is more proficient at dancing.

Here are the lyrics;

Tennessee Waltz
I was waltzing with my darlin’ to the Tennessee Waltz
When an old friend I happened to see
Introduced him to my loved one and while they were waltzing
My friend stole my sweetheart from me

I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz
Now I know just how much I have lost
Yes I lost my little darlin’ the night they were playing
The beautiful Tennessee Waltz

No comments: