Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dancing as a hobby

There are a couple of things that I like about ballroom dancing. First, it is an opportunity for my wife and I to do something together. More than just doing the same thing at the same time, we are actually doing something with each other. It sure beats sitting in front of the boob tube together.

Second is that it takes concentration and focus to dance. My day is filled with phone calls and meetings and running around. I usually going in several different directions at once. However, when we practice together or go to a dance or take a lesson, I have to set everything else aside and focus on my partner and what we are doing.

There is nothing bad about doing something together with your soul mate that focuses all your attention on the here and now.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

I took ballroom dancing in high school, and I love it. It seems it has somehow fallen out of style...and now I'm the only one among friends who wants to do the tango on a friday night and not be grinding on someone's leg listening to hip hop.